Saturday, November 3, 2012

The List of 40 Things

Now that I have committed to this journey, I suppose I should build the list of things to do. 40 things in 12 months - just a little less than 1 per week. I need to do all of these things before I turn 41 on December 10th, 2013.

I am hoping my friends and family will be able to help me build this list. This means of course I will have to make this blog known to them. I am a bit nervous about doing that given a) I have never blogged before and b) I am not really known as being a person who shares these kinds of thing publicly.


Guiding Principles of the list:

1) I have never done it before
2) The activity can be for me, family, or the community
3) Work doesn't count
4) Guiding principles may evolve over time :-)


Some ideas for the list...


1. Start a blog

2. Participate in "movember" and grow a moustache
3. Try yoga for the first time
4. Go to my first NFL football game
5. Run a 5K race
6. Run a marathon
7. Get a tattoo
8. Drive an exotic car (Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini)
9. Swim with hammerhead sharks
10. CN Tower Edge Walk
11. See an opera
12. Take Christian on an overnight Algonquin trip

More to come. I welcome any suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are a few suggestions:

    1) You could dare to go on the fastest steel roller coaster in the North America, 2nd fastest in the world. The #1 in the world is in Dhabi, Emirates - a bit too far I think. It is called Kingda Ka in New Jersey @ Six Flags Great Adventure. According to Wiki, it goes 206 km/hr.

    FYI - Leviathan is 8th in the world @ 148 km/hr

    2) You could attempt to do the hardest 2000 piece puzzle you could find. It could be one of just snow or leaves or something that would drive anyone crazy.

    3) Take a college course or workshop or music lessons. It has to be i) not work-related ii) something you have never been interested in before iii) something that would make people say “Really??? He is taking that?”.

    4) Throw a party for yourself!! Make all of the arrangements yourself. It doesn’t have to be a birthday party but it can be. Invite your closest friends & family. Not everyone is capable of asking for that much attention of themselves, especially people like us.

    5) Here is a scaled-down version of #4. Plan and prepare the best meal ever for your family (and/or friends) – since I suggested it, I should be there unless your cooking is terrible ☺

    ReplyDelete